|Alderman Professor Michael Mainelli and Mrs Elisabeth Mainelli would like to share the following information with Livermen.
This year we have the honour of Chairing the City of London Christmas Market and would ask that you kindly share the information below and attached amongst your Livery.
Elisabeth was recently at a dinner with Sheriff Redcliffe’s wife Emma and many of the mistresses in attendance were unaware the Market was taking place, but were interested in finding out more information. Again if I can kindly ask if you can also share this with any mistresses / consorts from your Livery that would be wonderful.
The British Red Cross Guildhall Christmas Market is a fantastic place to start your Christmas shopping. You can enjoy champagne and canapes at the Preview Night on Monday 27 November or spend the day shopping on Tuesday 28 November.
Some highlights of the market are:
· Foodiefest – sample delicious food and drink with some celebrity chefs
· A range of art including an exhibition by Artist in Residence for the Wimbledon Tennis Championships Jeremy Houghton
· Come and get your antiques valued by some familiar faces from the BBC’s Antiques Roadshow Team
· Live music from some of the City of London’s choirs
· Shop over 100 retailers – grab an Amanda Wakeley sample from a designer boutique
· Enjoy traditional food and drink at the Weihnachtsmarkt in Guildhall Yard
Silent auction lots are already online so you can start early! You can see the whole list here.
A further way to support the Market is to make a donation. Please send any cheques made payable to the British Red Cross to Kerry Thomas, Guildhall Christmas Market, British Red Cross, 44 Moorfields, London EC2Y 9AL.
Thank you for ensuring that the Red Cross can continue to respond to people in crisis wherever they are.
Guildhall Christmas Market Invitation